Friday, October 2, 2009

Akita Adoptions this Saturday 10/3 in Balboa Park

We are attending the annual Blessing of the Animals and Adoption Event in Balboa Park on Saturday 10/3 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. The event will be near Park Blvd and President's Way -- the park is huge!

We will have Akitas and a Rottweiler who need homes.  I really hope we get some adoptions!  When I started rescuing, the economy was a lot better and we would only have maybe 5 or 6 Akitas a month.  Last week alone there were 9 Akitas in the shelters needing rescue.

There are just TOO MANY people losing their jobs and homes and abandoning their pets in SoCal.  Every day I get another e-mail about a dog that was left alone in a foreclosed house and I just don't get it since I would live in a tent in the woods before I would EVER give up my dogs.

Here are some of the dogs who need homes:

Dino:


Shika:
 
Sophie:
 



The rest of the dogs we have available for adoption can be seen at A Passion for Paws

No comments:

Post a Comment